The City of Clinton, Laurens County, and the State of South Carolina offer several incentive programs for both new and existing companies. Tax incentive legislation and policies are designed to benefit a broad range of business investment and job creation.
The cost of operating a business in South Carolina is reasonable compared to its Southeastern counterparts. With a pro-business climate and performance-based incentives, companies can keep their operating costs low.
The State’s incentives are an investment in its economic future, and South Carolina is willing to invest in companies who are willing to invest/re-invest in the state.
South Carolina is proud to offer:
- No state property tax
- No local income tax
- No inventory tax
- No sales tax on manufacturing machinery, industrial power or materials for finished products
- No wholesale tax
- No unitary tax on worldwide profits
- Favorable corporate income tax structure
Other incentives offered to new and existing industry include:
- Property Valuation & Assessment Ratios
- Fee-in-Lieu-of Property Taxes (FILOT)
- Special Source Revenue Credit (SSRC)
- Property Tax Abatements
- State Incentives
- Employee Training
- Multi-County Industrial Park Status