The City of Clinton serves residential, commercial, and industrial customers inside the city limits and surrounding area. Water, sewage, and electric services are provided by the City of Clinton Combined Utilities System.
Power for electricity is purchased through the Piedmont Municipal Power Agency.
The City serves:
- 4,365 water customers
- 3,085 sewer customers
- 4,383 electrical customers
The Clinton-Newberry Natural Gas Authority serves Laurens and Newberry counties with 6″ and 8″ transmission lines. CNNGA has 750 mile of distribution lines, serving a total of 14,000 residential, commercial, and industrial customers in the City of Clinton and county areas East/Southeast of US 221.
In order to sign up for new water and/or electric service follow these steps:
- Contact Building Inspections office (M.S. Bailey Municipal Center 2nd floor, 211 N. Broad St., 864-833-7517)
- Determine whether building requires electrical inspection
- Receive certificate of occupancy
- Bring certificate of occupancy in person to Finance Department (M.S. Bailey Municipal Center 1st floor, 211 N. Broad St., 864-833-2790)
- Present picture identification and social security card
- Sign customer service agreement and pay fees
- All existing debts to the City of Clinton must be settled in full prior to service connection