The City of Clinton serves residential, commercial, and industrial customers inside the city limits and surrounding area. Utilities — water, sewage, and electric — are provided by the City of Clinton Combined Utilities System.
Power for electricity is purchased through the Piedmont Municipal Power Agency.
The City serves:
- 4,365 water customers
- 3,085 sewer customers
- 4,383 electrical customers
The Clinton-Newberry Natural Gas Authority serves Laurens and Newberry counties with 6″ and 8″ transmission lines. CNNGA has 750 mile of distribution lines, serving a total of 14,000 residential, commercial, and industrial customers in the City of Clinton and county areas East/Southeast of US 221.
In order to sign up for new water and/or electric service follow these steps:
- Contact Building Inspections office (M.S. Bailey Municipal Center 2nd floor, 211 N. Broad St., 864-833-7517)
- Determine whether building requires electrical inspection
- Receive certificate of occupancy
- Bring certificate of occupancy in person to Finance Department (M.S. Bailey Municipal Center 1st floor, 211 N. Broad St., 864-833-2790)
- Present picture identification and social security card
- Sign customer service agreement and pay fees
- All existing debts to the City of Clinton must be settled in full prior to service connection